December is back, the ideal month to celebrate and share with
family and friends. But between purchases, visits, and traveling,
it is common to overindulge and completely forget diet and
During the holidays, preparing traditional foods, besides being a sign of affection and friendship, is a temptation hard to beat. Here are some tips to make those temptations healthy, nutritious, and delicious.
1. Begin with a simple, low-calorie starter. You can prepare sweet or savory entrees using fruits and vegetables, raw or cooked. You can prepare delicious, low-calorie dips, such as Cottage Cheese Dill Dip, bean, or asparagus dip. Serve them with carrots, cucumber, or celery sticks.
2. Prepare low-calorie snacks from fresh fruits and vegetables.
3. Serve the salad before the main course and not with it. This will allow your guests to begin the main dish with a semi-full stomach. You can do the same with soups.
4. Avoid adding high-fat sauces to your dishes. You can flavor foods with herbs and spices, as well as seasonings prepared with garlic, onion, lemon, and vinegar.
5. Use the oven and the microwave instead of frying your foods, this way you’ll save calories for everybody!
6. Make your turkey a healthy delight. You can remove all the skin, stuff with fruits and vegetables, and serve with a Cranberry Sauce or Cranberry Chutney. You can also prepare a Classic Turkey recipe or Vegetable-Stuffed Turkey Breast.
7. Instead of buying, make a natural fruit dessert. With a Sweet Potato Soufflé or an Apple Dessert your guests will be satisfied and guilt-free.
8. As of exercise, try to keep moving. If possible, begin each day with an exercise routine, like the ones shown in the MiDieta videos. Also, try to park your car as far as possible to the entrance of any place
you visit, and walk as much as you can.
9. Finally, if you gain a few pounds during the holidays, don’t worry, you can count on us to get back to your diet and exercise plan in order to begin the New Year in good shape.
In conclusion, the key to maintaining your weight is to choose wisely the foods you’ll eat and consume them in moderation, as you control the serving sizes and try to be as active as possible.
Enjoy the holidays with your loved ones, having delicious, healthy foods. We wish you all the best and merry Christmas!
© 2016 HolaDoctor