The art of cooking is fascinating. It always offers us new challenges, different flavors, and a variety of colors and aromas, as well as providing nutrition for our bodies, minds, and spirits. When we go into the kitchen, we want to prepare an appetizing, exquisite, but most of all, nutritious meal. There are many ingredients that may be included in exceptional menus; chicken is one of them.
This white meat is one of the most widely consumed around the world, being available and accessible everywhere, at any time, either fresh or frozen, and offered in a variety of ways (whole, cut, and boned chicken). Chicken allows us to choose between the different flavors of white or dark meat, the first being delicious for its delicate flavor. Its muscle is relatively low in fat, with less saturated fat, and less cholesterol than other meats, such as beef or pork. At the same time, it's a magnificent source of high quality proteins, vitamins, and minerals.
Due to its mild flavor, chicken allows us to prepare it and eat it in many forms, cold or hot, resulting in a healthy, flavorful, and nutritious meal. We offer you the following healthy and delicious recommendations, to enjoy this versatile food:
- Boiled and shredded, it is an excellent garnish for a soup.
- Add protein to your salad, including grilled chicken with a balsamic vinegar marinade.
- Cook it in the oven with herbs, vegetables, and potatoes for a complete and balanced meal.
- Prepare a scrumptious whole-wheat, chicken salad sandwich, made with peppers, onion, tomato, and low-fat, plain yogurt.
- Organize a barbecue with your friends, and grill chicken with lemon and rosemary.
- Prepare a delicious Asian-inspired meal, including cubed chicken, many fresh vegetables, and low-sodium soy sauce.
- Highlight its flavor: stuff it with a mixture of cheese, olives, and mushrooms.
Now, go to your kitchen and be ready to surprise your family with this easy and delicious chicken recipe:
Chicken with Mint and Yogurt
4 chicken breasts, skin removed
1 tablespoon honey
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons plain, low-fat yogurt
4 tablespoons of fresh mint, chopped
Salt and black pepper
Potatoes and tomato salad to serve
Using a sharp knife, make small cuts in the chicken. Place it in a dish.
Mix honey, lemon juice, yogurt, salt, pepper, and half of the chopped mint.
Pour the marinade over the chicken and let it stand for 30 minutes. Cook the chicken in the oven until browned. Turn only once, and continue cooking until it is completely done.
Serve with the remaining mint and garnish it with potatoes and tomato salad.
© 2016 HolaDoctor