Who would’ve thought that a movie could cause so many
complexes to women around the world? This is what many film critics
asked when “The Perfect 10” had its premiere in 1979 with Bo Derek.
The actress became the symbol of the perfect woman, with her “doll
face,” an astonishing body, and an irresistible
In opposition to the concept that exaggerated the importance of beauty, four decades later came another idea of what the perfect woman is. We no longer talk about perfection, but rather fulfillment, enjoying life in all aspects. Also, the idea of getting a perfect body has been slowly replaced by the need for a healthy lifestyle that includes a balanced diet and an exercise plan. Not only to look better, but feel good and be healthy.
5 Perfect Ideas to Feel Fulfilled
More and more associations and foundations work to encourage women to be the protagonists of their own lives. With an increasingly important role in the working world, it’s not easy to have balance between work, family, children, and personal care. However, it’s important to remember that good physical, mental, and emotional health are essential to perform all roles. To do this:
1. Get periodical checkups.In 2007, 85.7% of American women responded they had performed a routine checkup in the past year or two. At age 18, it is essential to perform a medical control; at age 20 or when sexual activity begins, a gynecological examination; at age 40, a breast examination.
2. Evaluate your diet and have a healthy meal plan.In the U.S., there are 64 million women over 20 years of age who are overweight and about 34 million are obese, which means 25% of the female population. Obesity and overweight were related to a merely esthetic issue for a long time, but now it is scientifically proven that an unhealthy diet and physical inactivity increase the risk of heart disease, cancer, type 2 diabetes, respiratory problems, arthritis, and osteoarthritis.
3. Increase your consumption of fruits and vegetablesto reduce the risk of stroke, type 2 diabetes, and certain types of cancer. In 2007, only 28.6% of women reported to eat five or more servings of fruits and vegetables per day. Make sure to have variety of fruits and vegetables in your kitchen, in order to include them always in your meals and snacks.
4. If you’re worried or concerned about something, ask for help.Seven percent of women never received emotional or social support. In turn, about 20 to 25% of women in the United States suffer from a mental disorder, which can be caused by several factors, including genetic conditions, hormonal changes, or traumatic events. Other issues that may increase stress are different types of social abuse and poverty. If you have an important concern or live a situation of personal or family stress, go to the nearest mental health center. Look for an option you can afford so you can get adequate advice and guidance. Learn about the mental health centers in your city: http://mentalhealth.samhsa.gov/databases/
5. Dedicate time to yourself.Although it seems your schedule has no room for anything else, try to find some pleasure time each day. It can be going out for a drink with a friend, taking a relaxing bath, or watching your favorite T.V. show. You surely have many responsibilities each day, and you deserve a time exclusively for yourself: to rest, relax, laugh, and think about the many things you’ve accomplished.
Women are an essential part of every family, every city, and every society. They are specialists in taking care of others. Begin now taking care of yourself in order to be able to look after others.
Source: www.womenshealth.gov. 2007 Statistics.
© 2016 HolaDoctor